You are here
Battery Storage Applications
Battery Storage Applications
Decarbonisation is set to reach every sector of society, and industry will have to adapt and follow this trend. Batteries are a key technology for the deployment of decarbonisation. They have the potential to drive efficient, cost effective and sustainable solutions at all points of the electricity value chain, including transmission, distribution and the consumer.
Battery Storage Applications course focuses on real-life applications that will contribute to achieving in practice a low-emission, sustainable future. It gives you the deep understanding of battery storage applications across the electric grid, behind-the-meter, storage for electrical mobility and for industrial applications.
Delivered by experts from the EIT InnoEnergy ecosystem, one of Europe’s foremost authorities in battery storage, this unique course empowers you to:
- Understand the main applications for batteries in energy storage systems
- Master the main role of energy storage systems in different applications/levels (grid, behind the meter, industry)
- Analyse the challenges of battery storage systems implementation in each application studied
Participants will be granted a professional certificate upon successful completion of the course.
What will you learn?
Battery Storage Applications course consists of four modules and is self-paced.
It consists of four self-paced modules.
- Module 1: You will start by exploring different real-life examples of how battery storage systems can be integrated at the electric grid level (in-front of the meter) and behind-the-meter level.
- Module 2: We will then demonstrate how using batteries allows for an increase of renewable integration in the grid and brings environmental and financial benefits to customers.
- Module 3: In the third module of the course, we will explore the emergent market of electric mobility and give you an insight on current trends, the role of battery technology in this evolution and how this change will affect the overall energy system.
- Module 4: In the last module, we will show you a pioneering example of electrification within the mining industry.
How will you learn?
Battery Storage Applications course is a Small Private Online Course and can be taken at your usual study location.
The course consists of four modules and is self-paced. Each module includes reading materials, and some feature business examples and animations to illustrate the content. You will be able to share your opinion and thoughts on relevant topics will via the discussion elements throughout the course.
Who teaches you?
Your learning will be led by experts from the EIT InnoEnergy ecosystem, authorities in sustainable energy from the worlds of research and industry. Faculty for Battery Storage Applications course include:
Managing Director and COO of sonnen, with overseas operations for the company such as worldwide procurement and manufacturing.
Industrial Strategy Executive and former Thematic Leader for Smart Grids and Energy Storage at EIT InnoEnergy. He has more than 35 years of industrial experience in ABB in development, design, project management and global management of the Power Systems business
CTO of Ferroamp and inventor of four different patents related to ACE technology that enables savings on grid fees and faster EV charging. He has previously founded two successful startups in the electric power industry.
Full professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Science head of Subdivisie EnergyVille Electa - Driesen with years of experience on distributed generation of electricity, renewable energy, power electronics, electrical drives, electric vehicles, and smart grids.
Is it right for you?
This course has been specifically designed for professionals, researchers and strategic leaders who work within the energy ecosystem. Participants come from many different countries and typical participants include:
- Engineers wanting to specialise in energy storage
- Anyone with a non-engineering background working or looking to work with battery applications
- Graduate and master-students interested in completing their studies with a battery energy storage specialisation
Take the next step. Prepare to lead innovation at your organisation today.
Get in touch with our admissions team now: firstname.lastname@example.org