You are here
Battery Testing Systems
Battery Testing Systems
Contribute to the development of the crucial quality assessment stage in the battery value chain
An increasing amount of battery technologies with different characteristics, pro’s and con’s, are and will be hitting the market. At the same time there will be a growing need for battery testing to objectively evaluate and compare those batteries.
This course will start by exploring the purposes and different methods for battery testing, and will help you to evaluate battery performance choosing the right tests for specific applications. After the course you will also be able to make the link between data analysis of test results and battery modeling.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the need for battery testing
- Select the correct test for a given battery application to select the right technology
- Select the required testing infrastructure to perform the battery testing
- Look for specific standards and regulations
- Understand and explain safety precautions in battery testing labs
- Retrieve and interpret basic analysis results
- Link battery test results to battery modelling activities
- Follow a physical battery testing training course
What will you learn?
This course has been designed to give you unparalleled, deep insights into the electrochemical processes and operation principles of batteries. More specifically, you will learn about:
- The importance of battery testing
- Relevant standards and regulations
- Battery laboratory and equipment
- How to set-up and execution of battery testing programs
- Battery testing procedure and examples
- How the output of battery testing is viable for battery modelling
How will you learn?
This course is offered completely online and can be taken anywhere as long as you have connection to the internet. The course consists of 8 video lessons which is entirely self-paced. Each lesson is approximately 45 minutes long and includes relevant reading material and excercises as well as online quizes to test your progress. Business examples will be used to illustrate the learning content and there are online quizzes to test your progress. The course lasts 4 weeks and you will require approximately 1,5 hours per week to work your way through the course material.
Who will teach you?
Dr. Jeroen Büscher
Product Manager, Vito / Energy Ville
Jeroen is leading the VITO team working on electrical storage technologies and is responsible for the development and execution of the related activity roadmap. Since 2011, Jeroen has been coordinating several projects within Europe on electrical storage, smart grids and e-mobility.
Is it right for you?
This course has been designed for those with a particular interest in the production of batteries. The following professionals will find this course particularly useful:
- Battery system integrators & battery technicians
- Master and PhD students in Energy science related studies
- (Academic) researchers in the field of energy willing to perform critical assessment of battery characteristics through battery testing to understand the differences between technologies and support the choice of the correct technology for a specific application.