You are here
Business Model Innovation and Energy (Storage) Regulation
Business Model Innovation and Energy (Storage) Regulation
Spot the opportunities in energy storage.
Enhance your business model.
Re-shape the future of your business.
Digital transformation is radically disrupting the energy industry. Business models need to adapt to keep pace with change. But as we move from products to services, from bricks and mortar to platforms, and with decentralisation changing the playing field, how do you stay up to speed with changing regulation? How do you ensure you’re truly optimising the opportunities?
Business Model Innovation and Energy (Storage) Regulation is delivered by InnoEnergy, one of Europe’s leading authorities in energy and innovation. Through workshop-based learning, you build big-picture understanding of the latest energy technology, business model innovation in an evolving energy landscape, and the impact of new and emerging regulation on business. You come out of this course, empowered to:
- Distinguish between different business models of energy storage at grid-scale, behind-the-meter, off-grid and in mobility
- Think outside the box about the kinds of business models that will keep you ahead in a turbulent market
- Exploit in-depth revenue models to detect gaps and spot early opportunities
- Perform early-market validation to drive business results
- Select the business model with the highest potential based on market size and revenue inflow
- Pitch your ideas confidently and with authority.
What will you learn?
You will examine the core dynamics of business model innovation for a changing energy landscape, as well as the impact of existing and changing regulation of energy
and energy storage.
To get the most from this workshop, we recommend that you take our free online course, Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses, in preparation for the workshop (although this is not compulsory). In the online course you will discover promising battery storage technologies; exploring their workings, strengths, weaknesses, and possible place in Europe’s future. You’ll look into a range of uses; not only in the energy sector - but in transportation, industry, the home and more.
In our face-to-face workshop you will dive deeper and explore:
- Analogy thinking: How to steal like an artist by listening to inspiring business model cases
- Ideation tools for mapping business models and eco-systems
- Revenue model exploration
- Business model selection
- Connection rules
- Participation in balancing, flexibility and other grid services
- Transmission and distribution charges and levies
- Synergies with renewable energy.
You will also look at the treatment of energy storage in Belgium versus other EU Member States, a comparison of gas with electricity, and a comparison of the EU versus US approach to the development of energy storage technologies.
How will you learn?
This dynamic and hands-on workshop is offered in Barcelona, Spain. You can enhance your learning experience by taking the additional, non-mandatory, free online course module.
The preparatory online course, Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses, is expertly designed to maximise impact and flexibility. As long as you have access to the internet, you can pursue your learning anytime, anywhere at the pace and rhythm that works for you. Assessment is based on multiple-choice tests after every other lecture and a final test assessment. Content include:
- Week 1: Battery storage: potential and limitations
- Week 2: Battery storage applications: grid scale and electric vehicles
- Week 3: Battery storage applications: behind the meter and off-grid.
During the highly interactive 2-day workshop:
- Experienced faculty will capture insights and structure the discussions
- Learn from real-life case studies from different organisations and perspectives
- Consider best and worst case examples in and outside of your industry.
The second day of the workshop on energy storage regulation uses an introduction to regulation followed by interactive discussion of regulations and their impact, based on the energy industry, filled with clear examples in EU regulations.
Who will teach you?
InnoEnergy is a pioneer in sustainable energy education and business innovation. This workshop has been designed by a multi-disciplinary team of experts from academia and industry, whose research and global business acuity give you full-picture understanding of business model innovation in sustainable energy and energy storage regulation. Lead faculty include:
Anna Darmani (Online Course)
Energy Systems Analyst at InnoEnergy
Energy market expert and analyst, with a PhD degree in Industrial Economics and Management, Anna has several years of experience in analysing energy markets, renewable and storage technologies.
Farid Peter Malya
Innovation Consultant at Board of Innovation
Future shaper and collaborator, customer-centric designer and transformer, innovation scientist and intrapreneur.
Professor of Strategy and Corporate Affairs at Vlerick Business School
In addition to directing the Vlerick Energy Centre, Leonardo is a member of the International Association for Energy Economics. He frequently publishes in leading academic energy journals.
Is it right for you?
This workshop is ideal if you want to understand business opportunities in a fast-changing energy ecosystem. Participants typically include:
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups who can test ideas in an open format
- Investors who can fast-track their understanding of energy and regulation
- Managers at utility and energy companies to experience fresh ideas and new business models
- Researchers wanting to spin-off and get an all-round evaluation of their innovation.
If you are interested in this course and would like more information to help you decide if it is right for you, please contact Jan Verveckken on +31 646 959 657 or via email@example.com. Alternatively, request a call-back below and we will contact you.
What is included in the bundle?
To get the most from this workshop, we recommend that you take our free online course, Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses, in preparation for the workshop (although this is not compulsory). This online course is not included in the bundle. Should you wish to enrol, you can do so via our partner, FutureLearn. The following sessions are included in this workshop bundle. If you prefer to attend only one of the sessions within this workshop, you can enrol for it separately.