You are here
Energy Storage: The Battery Revolution
Energy Storage: The Battery Revolution
Get the inside track on the battery value chain.
There is a global imperative to integrate the electricity grid and renewable energy generation and supply. Driving innovation in this space is battery storage which has the potential to revolutionise the way we store energy, and to reshape the playing field for everyone. To keep ahead of change and ensure you and your organisation stay in front of emerging opportunities, you need to build an industry-standard knowledge and understanding of the battery value chain – from raw materials to recycling.
This online course is your fast-track to insider understanding of battery storage – current developments, future evolution, applications and opportunities. Delivered by InnoEnergy, a pan-European authority on renewable energy and leading member of the European Battery Alliance, this course gives you a comprehensive understanding of the battery storage revolution. You are empowered with:
- Big-picture perspective of the battery storage value chain from raw materials to second life and recycling
- Insight into current and future innovations in battery storage
- An understanding of different battery storage solutions – potential, applications and benefits
- An enhanced professional profile and expertise in business models and market evolution in battery storage
- Inside-track understanding of new opportunities, market dynamics and future challenges
- A professional certificate upon successful completion of the course.
What will you learn?
Energy Storage: the battery revolution is a deep dive into the battery storage value chain and the potential (and limitations) of energy storage systems, applications, investment scenarios and business models. Specifically you will explore:
- Different energy storage alternatives, why energy storage is important for our future, and how it can revolutionise the energy sector
- Which minerals and natural resources are needed for lithium-ion batteries, how critical they are and the role of battery management systems
- Two real-world industry examples of energy storage
- Energy storage applications – industrial products and local energy systems
- The economics and feasibility of emerging business models and what should matter to investors
- Waste and environmental issues – how to dispose of batteries and sustaining the battery value chain.
How will you learn?
This course is delivered entirely online to maximise impact and flexibility. As long as you have access to the internet, you can pursue your learning anytime, anywhere at the pace and rhythm that works for you. Each module includes reading materials, and some feature business examples and animations to illustrate the content, and assessment is based on multiple-choice tests after every lecture and the active participation of the learners.
- Week 1: Importance of energy storage
- Week 2: Battery storage value chain and production
- Week 3: Energy storage applications: electric vehicles and energy storage systems
- Week 4: Energy storage applications: industrial products and local energy systems
- Week 5: Investment scenarios and business models
- Week 6: Battery recycling and second life
Who will teach you?
The Thematic Leader for Smart Grids and Energy Storage at InnoEnergy and has more than 35 years of industrial experience in ABB in development, design, project management and global management of the Power Systems business.
Senior Analyst at IHS Markit Technology, leading the global research on energy storage and provides insight on the value drivers and emerging business models driving storage deployment across Europe and N. America.
The Managing Director and COO of sonnen, with overseas operations for the company such as worldwide procurement and manufacturing. He has previously worked as responsible for turnaround projects at Bertelsmann SE.
Iván Contreras Torres
The founder and CEO of Torrot, a manufacturer of electric bicycles and scooters. Iván is specialised in knowledge management, high-speed organisations, and innovative product development.
The Global Marketing Manager – Electrification at Epiroc. He held several positions over the years, at Atlas Copco. Erik is an innovative and visionary leader committed to electrifying the mining world.
Director of Services, Support and Solutions for Energy Storage Solutions at SAFT. He has focused on Li-ion topics, i.e. markets, products, technologies, manufacturing and competitive landscape analysis.
Researcher at CONICET and professor at the National University of Jujuy. She has a Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences and her work ranges from sustainable mining techniques to development of state-of-the-art batteries.
The CTO of Ferroamp and inventor of 4 different patents related to ACE technology that enables savings on grid fees and faster EV charging. He has previously founded 2 successful startups in the electric power industry.
Worked, in the recent past, on the quality control department of Audi Brussels. Currently, he is employed by InnoEnergy on the European Battery Alliance team, focusing on the education business line.
Leads the Ångström Advanced Battery Centre and is a professor of Inorganic Chemistry at Uppsala University. Main research interests are Li-ion batteries for all applications and 3D microbatteries.
Is it right for you?
This course has been designed for professionals working in energy technology, renewable energy, engineering and consultancy in Europe. Having one of these backgrounds best equips you to get the most from this course. But anyone interested in developing their knowledge of battery storage and enhancing their professional development might find it useful. Typical participants include:
- Energy consultants
- Energy engineers
- Energy strategists
- Energy system analysts
- Business & venture analysts
Since you're here, you may also be interested in some of our related courses, delivered online by a multi-disciplinary team of InnoEnergy experts from academia and industry, whose research and global business acuity give you full-picture understanding of the energy ecosystem today. And tomorrow.
- Energy System Transformation
- Energy Systems Integration: a thorough understanding
- Battery Storage Masterclass: Sweden (battery storage applications)