You are here
Energy Systems Integration: The Future of Transport
Energy Systems Integration: The Future of Transport
Drive the future for yourself and your organisation.
The transportation sector is at a crossroads. As one of the biggest consumers of the world’s energy and a major contributor to CO2 emissions and air pollution, the onus is on the transport sector to find alternative energy solutions to drive a sustainable future for all.
This course gives you a deep dive into the electrification of the transport industry and how developments in this exciting field are impacting the global energy system. You will explore compelling, real-world case studies to understand how tech giant ABB is changing the playing field, driving innovation in high-end electromobility for cars and public transport.
The course empowers you to:
- Differentiate different car propulsion technologies, from combustion engines to hybrid vehicles and full electric cars
- Formulate the different challenges to large-scale deployment of electro-mobility
- Fully understand the impact of electromobility on the electricity grid
- Master different business models for electric vehicle charging
- Appreciate different modes of electric transportation and their respective challenges for further electrification.
We recommend that you complete the free introductory course on Energy Systems Integration as a preparation for more specialised learning.
This course is also part of a deep-dive learning path on Energy Systems Integration. It is recommended that you complete all the modules for a thorough understanding of the subject matter.
What will you learn?
Energy Systems Integration: the future of transport immerses you in the history, the technologies, innovations, business models and future scenarios for electromobility. You will take 6 core online lessons, complemented by 2 real-world case studies that set your learning in context and expose you to the authentic challenges and solutions shaping this exciting space. You will cover:
- Lesson 1: History of electric transportation: from Edison to the new Tesla
- Lesson 2: Electrical drives in transportation: overview of technologies
- Lesson 3: How does the integration of electromobility affect the energy system?
- Lesson 4: Business models and regulation behind charging stations
- Lesson 5: Integrating other forms of electric transportation into the energy system
- Lesson 6: The path towards large-scale electric vehicle use
- Case study 1: How to roll out a reliable network of fast chargers?
- Case study 2: Urban transformation: the impact of electrifying public transport
- Conclusions, assignments and executive summary.
How will you learn?
This 4-week course is delivered entirely online. Flexible and designed for immediate impact, the course structure means you don’t need to take time off work and you can apply your learning in your workplace from day one. Your learning experience will include:
- Video lectures and expert interviews
- Self-evaluation exercises such as multiple-choice, associations or ‘fill in the blanks’
- Relevant references that will consolidate your acquired knowledge and back your decisions after the course
- A glossary that helps you understand technical concepts
- A tutor with extensive experience to answer any questions you might have during the course.
Who will teach you?
This course has been developed by InnoEnergy, a pioneer in sustainable energy education. Our consortium is built on the combined expertise of many of Europe’s foremost technical universities, business schools, industry experts and innovation start-ups. On this course, your faculty include:
Professor of Electrical Engineering
KU Leuven University
Peter Van Den Heede
Country Head of Sales Benelux
Is it right for you?
The course is ideal for you if you are a professional in the energy industry. It is also expertly designed for academics and individuals who want to deepen their understanding of electromobility, challenges, innovations and future scenarios in this exciting, fast-moving space.
This course gives you a big-picture understanding of the history, the changing present and the future for electromobility which is and is set to remain one of the most compelling, globally relevant and innovative areas in our global economy that is being shaped by the energy transition. There has never been a more exciting time to be thinking about the challenges and the solutions and the breadth of possibilities that will change the future for all of us.
Ready to delve deeper?
It is recommended that you take Energy Systems Integration: an introduction, before taking this course, although this is not mandatory. This particular course is part of a series of specialisation courses, delivered entirely online, about systems integration from the perspective of defferent disciplines. By taking a step back and looking at energy systems as a whole, you will be able to connect the dots between your expertise and that of others, and quickly identify the knowledge and skills you need to improve yourself and step up your contribution in the transition towards a sustainable, affordable, and reliable energy system.
We strongly recommend that you complete all the modules in this learning path for a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Upon completion of all of the online specialisation modules, you will be able to attend further face-to-face sessions that have been designed to complement the online courses and give you deeper and more advanced insights. If you are a business and enjoying your learing experience with us, you can opt for even more personalised training through on-demand, bespoke corporate programmes.
Who are the collaborators?