You are here
Sustainable Energy and Innovation Intensive Programme
Sustainable Energy and Innovation Intensive Programme
Consolidate your knowledge. Build an international network. Expand your horizons. Develop new perspectives.
Energy systems around the world are facing unprecedented challenges. And the pace at which these challenges are growing - and have to be overcome - is probably the biggest challenge our society is facing right now and in the upcoming years. We need to lead the fight against climate change if we are to sustain our wealth and social achievements. We must therefore find a way to grow economically as well as sustainably.
Everything we do, everything we rely on, the way our society is shaped so that we can live life the way we have come to know it, depands on energy. Energy is what makes it posisble for us to grow food in vast quatities. It enables us and goods to move around. Because of energy we can communicate over vast distances and to develop medicines and treatments that are saving lives every day. Even the small things we take for granted depends on energy; withdrawing money, filling your car with fuel, reading this webpage.
But with energy demands soaring and climate challenges growing, we need a new generation of thinkers and doers who will lead the innovations we need to ensure a sustainable energy future for all. This intensive course provides you with an holistic understanding of the renewable energy sector. In a collection of modules, strong emphasis is placed on developing your innovation, entrepreneurial and business skills; in addition to your technical knowledge and your understanding of the business environments in which renewable energies may be deployed.
What will you learn?
Over five intensive days, you will learn about:
- The transition from fossil to more sustainable energy sources
- What renewable energy is, its challenges and opportunities
- The digitalisation of the energy sector and big data
- The innovation process, how it starts and how you can be a part of it.
You will leave:
- Feeling empowered to drive innovation in your work and endeavours
- With an expanded network of contacts and peers in Europe
- Having engaged directly with some of the best experts in the field
- With a professional certificate issued by UPC School of Professional and Executive Development and InnoEnergy.
How will you learn?
The course has been designed to maximise the depth and diversity of your learning experience in Europe. Your learning program includes but is not limited to:
- Expert-led Masterclasses
- Exclusive seminars
- Workshops with hands-on experiences and case studies
- Inspiring talks with industry executives and energy sector start ups
- Industry and company visits
- Field trips
- Online content and learning modules
- Social events and enriching cultural activities.
Who will teach you?
This course is delivered by InnoEnergy and our academic and industry partners at UPC, Naturgy and Iberdrola. InnoEnergy is one of the foremost and trusted authorities for sustainable energy in Europe.
Our network of more than 400 universities, governments, start-ups, companies, and research and innovation centers are located in 18 countries and involved with 8 thematic fields, including: clean coal and gas, energy storage, energy efficiency, energy from chemical fuels, renewable energy, smart and efficient buildings and cities, smart electric grids, and nuclear instrumentation.
Javier Sanz Rodriguez is the course director and thematic leader on renewable energy at InnoEnergy. Javier hold an Executive MBA from IE Business School and has almost 30 years of experience in the sector. He is a member of the board at Minesto and deputy board member at WindEurope.
We work to ensure that the topics, experiences and engangements throughout the course reflect the background, expertise and needs of the cohort. Throughout the course you will thus meet, interact with and learn from academics and experts in the InnoEnergy network.
Is it right for you?
The course has been designed for individuals with a professional background in the energy sector. Our participants understand the importance of the current energy ecosystem, basic innovation processes, and the principles if renewable energy. It will be particularly useful if:
- You are an academic, mature student or professional who want to deepen your understanding of the renewable energy sector
- You want to develop existing or build new new skills in sustainable energy
- You are looking for an intensive, hands-on learning experience in Europe
- You want to obtain a professional certificate upon successful completion of the course.
If you are a large group...
We can customise the course by adapting the content based on your specific needs, such as blockchain in energy sector, smart cities, smart mobility, and more. We can also extend the duration if you would like more time for your visit. The course can be delivered in Barcelona, Lisboa or Madrid (in one location or combined) and can be conducted both in English and Spanish. And we can deliver such a customised course at any time of the year.
Ready to delve deeper?
If you are ready to consolidate what you already know and expand on it; if you want to build an international professional network; expand your horizons; and develop new perspectives from lessons learned in Europe, then this course is for you.
Who are the collaborators?